Subject: [PATCH] doc: Mention --check --no-grafts as a way to force-rebuild packages.

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2025 00:43:36 +0100

* doc/guix.texi (On Trusting Binaries): Document that combining --check and
--no-grafts with 'guix build' forces the rebuild of a package.

Change-Id: I4eb6be04243a52f70d0fc298f76e62f10e3d376e
---
 doc/guix.texi | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 9f1e4bf0f0..20d9debfbf 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -3978,7 +3978,10 @@ On Trusting Binaries
 challenge}).  Similarly, the @option{--check} option of @command{guix
 build} allows users to check whether previously-installed substitutes
 are genuine by rebuilding them locally (@pxref{build-check,
-@command{guix build --check}}).
+@command{guix build --check}}).  To force a full rebuild of a package
+(ignoring security updates via grafts), use @option{--check} together
+with @option{--no-grafts} (@pxref{Common Build Options,
+@option{--no-grafts}}).
 
 In the future, we want Guix to have support to publish and retrieve
 binaries to/from other users, in a peer-to-peer fashion.  If you would

base-commit: 3afa3aa73a35364f8c429334ac68f50f719f5b22
-- 
2.48.1