Subject: Re: bug#76084: 31.0.50; Dragging tab line does not resize windows, unlike header line or mode line

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2025 19:07:00 +0200

>> Dragging on empty space in the tab line does not resize windows.  This
>> is unlike the behavior when dragging on empty space in the mode line or
>> in the header line.
>
> I attach a patch for this that hopefully does not negatively affect
> 'tab-line-mouse-move-tab'.  Juri will have to check.

Thanks!  I confirm everything works nicely.

>> Additionally, hovering the mouse pointer over empty space on the the
>> header line, while it does resize the window, does not display the
>> "resize up down" icon.  This behiavor is differnt from when you hover
>> the mouse pointer over the empty space on the mode line.
>
> I suppose this will have to be done separately when specifying a header
> line format (like, for example, 'ruler-mode' does).

Also changing the mouse cursor while dragging the tab-line tab with
'tab-line-mouse-move-tab' would be nice to do.  But it seems
this is not simple to do, and need to add something like
'tab_bar__dragging_in_progress'.