Subject: Re: OCI provisioning service

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 02:20:12 +0100

Hi,

On 2/12/25 02:09, paul wrote:
> Hi guix,
>
> On 2/9/25 21:38, paul wrote:
>> I'm sending a v3 fixing a bug in the merge algorithm for volumes and 
>> networks.
>>
>> On 2/9/25 20:14, paul wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm about to send a v2. v2 compared to the first revision features:
>>>
>>>
>>> - it actually compiles all the times :) (rev 1 referenced oci-image 
>>> too early for it to be working and generated a compile time error, 
>>> if you recompiled it sometimes went away so I thought it was a 
>>> problem of my setup. CI caught this)
>>> - it allows more values to be overridden by eventual users of the 
>>> Scheme API
>>> - it allows passing extra arguments directly after each podman or 
>>> docker invokation, allowing for example for overriding podman --root 
>>> and similar options.
>>>
>>> All of these tests should pass:
>>>
>>> guix shell -D guix -CPW -- make check-system TESTS="oci-container 
>>> oci-service-rootless-podman docker docker-system rootless-podman 
>>> oci-service-docker"
>>>
> I'm sending a v4 changing slightly the image loader, the same tests as 
> before are supposed to pass. Now the Home service [0] is working for 
> me with rootless podman. I'll try it on different distros if I manage to.

I'm sending a v5 implementing a Home service. The changes compared to v4 
are pretty trivial as the plumbing was already there, the only downside 
is that I'm not able to use for-home? in define-configuration, so I had 
to reimplement oci-configuration with (guix records) and had to 
reimplement some validation (gnu services configuration) would figure 
out magically.

Thank you for your work and time,

cheers
giacomo