Subject: Re: OCI provisioning service

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2025 02:09:26 +0100

Hi guix,

On 2/9/25 21:38, paul wrote:
> I'm sending a v3 fixing a bug in the merge algorithm for volumes and 
> networks.
>
> On 2/9/25 20:14, paul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm about to send a v2. v2 compared to the first revision features:
>>
>>
>> - it actually compiles all the times :) (rev 1 referenced oci-image 
>> too early for it to be working and generated a compile time error, if 
>> you recompiled it sometimes went away so I thought it was a problem 
>> of my setup. CI caught this)
>> - it allows more values to be overridden by eventual users of the 
>> Scheme API
>> - it allows passing extra arguments directly after each podman or 
>> docker invokation, allowing for example for overriding podman --root 
>> and similar options.
>>
>> All of these tests should pass:
>>
>> guix shell -D guix -CPW -- make check-system TESTS="oci-container 
>> oci-service-rootless-podman docker docker-system rootless-podman 
>> oci-service-docker"
>>
I'm sending a v4 changing slightly the image loader, the same tests as 
before are supposed to pass. Now the Home service [0] is working for me 
with rootless podman. I'll try it on different distros if I manage to.

Thank you for your work,

giacomo

[0]: 
https://github.com/fishinthecalculator/gocix/blob/main/modules/oci/home/services/containers.scm