Subject: bug#76064: 31.0.50; Display issue with flymake-show-diagnostics-at-end-of-line

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 00:24:32 +0100

Hi:

I have been using flymake-show-diagnostics-at-end-of-line for a while
and I have noticed that the inlined diagnostics behaves wrongly.

1. If I am in a line with a diagnostic at the end, and I do C-e, the
cursor goes to the end of the diagnostic instead to the end of the line.

2. If after that I do C-a nothing happens, the cursor "stock" there
until I leave the line. Left or right arrow don't work either.

3. If we are in the last line and it has a diagnostic, it is impossible
to write at the end of the line because the cursor jumps constantly to
the end of the diagnostic when typing.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.48, cairo version 1.18.2) of 2025-02-04 built on RTX
Repository revision: b4eb59a6a931a2d2751e155ec1a5082cab5e8509
Repository branch: project
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-pgtk
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-native-compilation=aot
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  project-multi-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.8.2/gtags-mode
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20250201.1314/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr autorevert filenotify recentf tree-widget
wid-edit ffap thingatpt emacsbug elec-pair whitespace flyspell-correct
flyspell ispell completion-preview diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired diff-hl
log-view log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny citre-lang-fileref
citre-tags citre-ctags citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables
citre-backend-interface citre-common-tag rx citre-common-util dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader add-log pcvs-util
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode track-changes corfu
project-multi-mode gtags-mode files-x xref project term/tmux term/xterm
xterm init repeat markdown-ts-mode treesit cape compat
use-package-ensure package browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map url-vars
use-package-diminish xt-mouse xclip edmacro kmacro byte-opt
use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-extra help-mode simple-16-theme winner
ring saveplace delsel savehist easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator
display-line-numbers diminish which-key cl-seq use-package-core
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile gv disp-table info
0blayout-autoloads ac-emoji-autoloads ac-haskell-process-autoloads
ac-html-autoloads arduino-cli-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
auto-complete-autoloads avy-zap-autoloads avy-autoloads
benchmark-init-autoloads better-shell-autoloads caml-autoloads
cape-autoloads citre-autoloads clang-format-autoloads
cobol-mode-autoloads compile-multi-autoloads compiler-explorer-autoloads
corfu-autoloads crdt-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads d-mode-autoloads
deadgrep-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
diminish-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads e2ansi-autoloads
eglot-booster-autoloads emamux-autoloads esup-autoloads
evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads evil-leader-autoloads
evil-autoloads face-explorer-autoloads fancy-compilation-autoloads
flx-autoloads flycheck-julia-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads flymake-nasm-autoloads flymake-quickdef-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads git-commit-ts-mode-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads
ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads iedit-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
julia-ts-mode-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads languagetool-autoloads
lice-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads llama-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
markdown-ts-mode-autoloads modern-cpp-font-lock-autoloads
move-dup-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads mutt-mode-autoloads
nasm-mode-autoloads neotree-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads notmuch-autoloads objed-autoloads
opencl-mode-autoloads paradox-autoloads phi-search-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads
platformio-mode-autoloads async-autoloads plz-autoloads popon-autoloads
popup-autoloads projectile-autoloads projection-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads protobuf-ts-mode-autoloads
ptemplate-templates-autoloads ptemplate-autoloads
py-vterm-interaction-autoloads scopeline-autoloads
shell-command+-autoloads slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads
spinner-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
sudo-edit-autoloads systemd-autoloads tmux-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads tsc-autoloads urgrep-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads
vundo-autoloads which-key-posframe-autoloads posframe-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 192993 61392) (symbols 48 15750 2)
 (strings 32 55861 16121) (string-bytes 1 1888131) (vectors 16 20259)
 (vector-slots 8 236738 29574) (floats 8 108 60) (intervals 56 1234 0)
 (buffers 992 11))