Subject: 29.4; Doc of string-empty-p

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2025 20:28:00 +0000

The doc string should tell you that it treats a symbol for arg STRING,
instead of a string, by checking its `symbol-name'.  E.g., like what is
done for `string=':

 Symbols are also allowed; their print names are used instead.

This should be done for _each_ function where a string is said to be the
expected arg but where we also allow a symbol.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-07-05 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.5371)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252