Subject: bug#76054: closed (Re: bug#76054: 29.4; help-fns--analyze-function:Symbol’s function definition is void: byte-compile-inline-expand)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 12:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76054: 29.4; help-fns--analyze-function: Symbol’s function definition is   void: byte-compile-inline-expand

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76054: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76054
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76054: 29.4; help-fns--analyze-function: Symbol’s function definition is void: byte-compile-inline-expand
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2025 14:08:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2025 20:23:12 +0000
> From:  Drew Adams via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> emacs -Q
> `C-h f string-empty-p'
> Click on link "byte-compile-inline-expand".
> 
> *Help* buffer contents are replaced with (only) this text:
> 
> byte-compile-inline-expand is
> 
> And an error message is shown:
> 
> help-fns--analyze-function: Symbol's function definition is void: byte-compile-inline-expand

Thanks, this is already fixed on the master branch, which will
eventually become Emacs 31.  So I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 29.4; help-fns--analyze-function: Symbol’sfunction definition is void: byte-compile-inline-expand
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2025 20:23:12 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

emacs -Q
`C-h f string-empty-p'
Click on link "byte-compile-inline-expand".

*Help* buffer contents are replaced with (only) this text:

byte-compile-inline-expand is

And an error message is shown:

help-fns--analyze-function: Symbol's function definition is void: byte-compile-inline-expand

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-07-05 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.5371)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils mule-util info time-date cl-extra shortdoc
text-property-search subr-x thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode
dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)