Subject: [bug#76044] After the merge is before the merge

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 12:54:59 -0400

On Mon, Jul 21, 2025 at 10:52 AM Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The qt-team branch has also reopened and gone to the front of the queue,
> since it had been waiting longer and just been suspended while waiting
> for core-packages-team, on which it depends, to let other branches go to
> the front.

Yes, and likely a good thing since the qt-build-system inherits from
the cmake-build-system which is the focus of the c++-team branch.

The qt-team branch is rebased off the latest commit on master rather
than the latest processed commit so is showing the dreaded "Merge base
has not been processed by the data service yet".

> The c++-team branch has started on CI as well:
>    https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/c++-team
> but I am rather puzzled by the outcome.
> The page itself shows an enormous number of failed packages in the red
> box (almost all of them, plus some that are still in progress); when
> clicking on the red box, I find packages such as ocaml that failed their
> test phase with 0 failed tests. On the other hand, when clicking on the
> dashboard (the monitor symbol to the right), almost all packages are
> either green or transparent, and when one clicks on a transparent dot,
> it shows the build as scheduled. But I know very little about CI.

It is helpful that the ci dashboard can select for a single
architecture, but is there a way to compare against the merge base as
with qa? On master we are concerned with the state of all packages,
but on team branches is there any other question than to find the
newly failing packages relative to the base commit?

Greg