Subject: [bug#76044] After the merge is before the merge

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2025 16:52:05 +0200

Hello Greg,

Am Mon, Jul 21, 2025 at 10:05:14AM -0400 schrieb Greg Hogan:
> Substitute availability on master is shown as 33.1% for armhf-linux
> and 78.1% for i686-linux. I'm not noticing much improvement in those
> numbers, but I can track this better now that I have recorded a point
> in time.
> 
> This seems like a less than optimal behavior for the system to shut
> down building on primary architectures for team branches when the
> secondary architectures have large numbers of blocked builds,
> presumably due to the recent core-packages-team merge.

indeed this is a problem! In particular now since I think the number
of buildable packages has gone below the limit of 80% on these two
architectures, so we will never reach this barrier. (I deduce this from
the numbers not going up.) However, on i686 I think we are on our way to
above 80% with all the recent changes on master.

I have submitted a PR here:
   https://codeberg.org/guix/qa-frontpage/pulls/8
and am working on integrating and deploying it.

The qt-team branch has also reopened and gone to the front of the queue,
since it had been waiting longer and just been suspended while waiting
for core-packages-team, on which it depends, to let other branches go to
the front.

The c++-team branch has started on CI as well:
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/c++-team
but I am rather puzzled by the outcome.
The page itself shows an enormous number of failed packages in the red
box (almost all of them, plus some that are still in progress); when
clicking on the red box, I find packages such as ocaml that failed their
test phase with 0 failed tests. On the other hand, when clicking on the
dashboard (the monitor symbol to the right), almost all packages are
either green or transparent, and when one clicks on a transparent dot,
it shows the build as scheduled. But I know very little about CI.

All of qt-team, c++-team and nss-updates are accessible from CI as well,
so as soon as one of them is seen to be ready there, it can be pushed
to master.

Andreas