Subject: Re: bug#76044: Request for merging "qt-team" branch

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2025 21:16:21 +0000

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2025 at 03:26 PM, 宋文武 wrote:

> Hello, this marks the beginning of work on the next iteration of the
> qt-team branch.
>
> Now include:
> - Update freetype to 2.13.3, Qt requires at least 2.13.1 now for
> FT_LOAD_NO_SVG.

Regarding the freetype upgrade, could you include adding brotli as in
input and doing away with freetype-with-brotli? This is the original
discussion on this: <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64519#4> and the
commit:
<https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=49b0a5ee5f908d8efa8e792f8635f723fd1d26ed>

It has been a while, but I don't know of any reason why we wouldn't have
brotli (like other distros I had checked at the time) in freetype. I
think there are only a few users of freetype-with-brotli so it is an
easy enough change.

If you agree, feel free to make that change or I can push it directly on
qt-team branch as well.

Thanks!
John

> - Update Qt6 libraries to 6.8.2.
> - Update qtcreator to 15.0.1.
> - qtwebengine: Set default path for QtWebEngineProcess.
>   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75966
> - Update python-pyqt to 6.8.0, planed, not commited yet.
>
> Thanks.