Subject: Re: Request for merging "qt-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2025 10:52:13 +0200

Hello all,

as you can see on QA, the qt-team branch would be ready to merge from
the x86_64 perspective:
   https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/qt-team

On i686, there are lots of "blocked" packages, before and after; but
when I click on "qtbase" it is marked as "scheduled" and not blocked by
anything. However, qtbase@5 has clearly not been built by QA for i686,
but is available on the master branch. So there is potentially a
regression. On CI I had not enabled the builds for i686 and will do so
now; I will also rebase on commit 6566207b0fe82cc6db21461fddc759c7e7bb5d49
which should get CI going on a new evaluation. And I am trying to build
qtbase@5 locally.

For aarch64, I do not know the situation; qtbase@5 seems to be
unavailable as well on master as on the new branch, so maybe there is no
regression preventing us from merging (although it would be good to sort
out the situation; there was some bug about Qt6 on aarch64 on Codeberg,
if I remember well).

Andreas