Subject: bug#76022: [PATCH 2/2] news: Add entry for udisks configuration change.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 14:12:09 +0100

Hello Maxim.  Using /run sounds reasonable.

Could you include this German translation?  Also I changed the English
title to say ‘mount’ rather than ‘mounts’ and the English body to use
active voice, because the sentence subject is the daemon.  I did
further change the file names to use @file{} markup.

diff --git a/etc/news.scm b/etc/news.scm
index 028d595ea7..d779f309a0 100644
--- a/etc/news.scm
+++ b/etc/news.scm
@@ -37,15 +37,26 @@
 
  (entry (commit "768f70486347030ae8e73b027d6c71bde10db7e6") ;TODO: adjust before pushing
         (title
-         (en "Removable devices now mounts under /run/media/$USER instead of /media"))
+         (en "Removable devices now mount under @file{/run/media/$USER} instead of @file{/media}")
+         (de "Wechseldatenträger werden jetzt unter @file{/run/media/$USER} statt @file{/media} eingebunden"))
         (body
          (en "UDisks, the daemon responsible for allowing unprivileged users
-mounting removable drives in GNOME and other desktop environments will now be
-made available at mount points under the /run/media/$USER directory instead of
-directly under /media.  This will ensure that mount points are not erroneously
-persisted across reboots, after /run is made volatile in a future update.
-Users are advised to ensure any backup script or solution they use are updated
-to reflect the new location of the mounted removable devices.")))
+mounting removable drives in GNOME and other desktop environments, will now
+make them available at mount points under the @file{/run/media/$USER}
+directory instead of directly under @file{/media}.  This will ensure that
+mount points are not erroneously persisted across reboots, after @file{/run}
+is made volatile in a future update.  Users are advised to ensure any backup
+script or solution they use are updated to reflect the new location of the
+mounted removable devices.")
+         (de "UDisks, der Daemon, der dafür sorgt, dass unprivilegierte Nutzer
+externe Laufwerke in GNOME und anderen Arbeitsumgebungen einbinden können,
+wird diese ab sofort an Einhängepunkten im Verzeichnis @file{/run/media/$USER}
+verfügbar machen und nicht mehr direkt in @file{/media}.  Dadurch werden
+Einhängepunkte nach Neustarts nicht mehr erhalten bleiben, sobald @file{/run}
+durch eine kommende Aktualisierung als flüchtig vorgegeben wird.  Wir raten
+unseren Nutzerinnen und Nutzern, Scripts oder Programme anzupassen, mit denen
+sie Backups anlegen, damit diese den neuen Ort für eingebundene
+Wechseldatenträger verwenden.")))
 
  (entry (commit "0aa45f18543552f2396414ab130dab40f8969d27")
         (title
-- 
2.48.1