Subject: bug#76009: closed (Re: bug#76009: 31.0.50; Compilation error for master on OpenBSD)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 22:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76009: 31.0.50; Compilation error for master on OpenBSD

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76009: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76009
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76009: 31.0.50; Compilation error for master on OpenBSD
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2025 14:22:26 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch that fixes this issue.

Thanks, installed on master as commit c4a67a40507.  Closing.

Subject: 31.0.50; Compilation error for master on OpenBSD
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2025 13:18:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

HH

Hi,

Current master does not compile on OpenBSD with the following error:

checking for math library... configure: error: Math library (-lm) not found

I have bisected it to this patch:

15e2b14f03796467fab8e8086d293a5813afaa5b is the first bad commit
commit 15e2b14f03796467fab8e8086d293a5813afaa5b
Author: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Aug 20 18:31:05 2024 +0000

    Unexec removal: Main part

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 6, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6, X toolkit) of
 2025-01-31 built on computer
Repository revision: bd39ec062d0078c97140b8ad4ddf7c47e6f6e4ee
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#520 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: VC dir

Minor modes in effect:
  vc-dir-git-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.33/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.9.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug hi-lock pcmpl-git pcmpl-unix whitespace misearch
multi-isearch help-fns radix-tree descr-text emoji-labels emoji
multisession sqlite transient smtpmail mailalias pulse smerge-mode diff
flow-fill sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
gnus-topic mm-archive url-cache qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss notmuch notmuch-tree notmuch-jump
notmuch-hello notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address
notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash coolj goto-addr notmuch-tag
notmuch-lib notmuch-compat hl-line display-line-numbers org-agenda
cus-start org-indent tex-mode make-mode oc-basic org-element org-persist
org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-compat org-macs
macrostep-c cmacexp view conf-mode rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml
rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode facemenu
nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view log-edit add-log pcvs-util texinfo texinfo-loaddefs
debbugs-browse bug-reference eww vtable url-queue mm-url mule-util
on-screen vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
gnus-dired time battery desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm
exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm ytdious
mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util range sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils web-mode
derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf
grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date
format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent
cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-macrostep macrostep compat slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs use-package-core repeat easy-mmode cus-edit pp cus-load
wid-edit debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads
hact set hhist notmuch-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads sudo-edit-autoloads
svg-clock-autoloads tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads
xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url xdg url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1218159 376486) (symbols 48 77859 8)
 (strings 32 397042 13987) (string-bytes 1 10236009)
 (vectors 16 195567) (vector-slots 8 2780585 121812)
 (floats 8 697 2304) (intervals 56 34743 9172) (buffers 992 217))

-- 
Manuel Giraud