Subject: Re: bug#75985: 31.0.50; Emacs crash on feature/igc

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2025 09:16:57 +0000

"Payas Relekar" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I wanted to try out the new GC, so my config is as before. Most tasks
> seem to be fine, but encountered a crash within 30 minutes of using it.
>
> Steps:
>
> - Emacs with doom-emacs config, fairly customized
> - Rust codebase rustic-mode and rust-analyzer as LSP server, interacting with
>   Emacs via eglot
> - codebase in question: https://github.com/CeleritasCelery/rune
> - Randomly opened macros file and scrolled via touchpad (I'm on laptop)
> - Scrolling was good for few seconds, and then crashed.

That sounds like an issue with the X code which we might have fixed
already, but the fix hasn't been pushed yet.  Sorry about that.  I'll
let you know once I push.

> since the coredump is pretty large (100MB+) it is not possible to attach
> it, but let me know if I can share it through another accepted way.

If you have a coredump, you should save some place with the emacs binary
and the emacs.pdmp file.  You can then run

gdb <emacs executable> <coredump file>

(gdb) bt full

to get a postmortem backtrace.

That would be very helpful in this case.

Thanks for the report, and sorry if the bug has already been fixed.

Pip