Subject: bug#7598: closed (Re: bug#7598: 24.0.50; CVS/Template ignored when committing files)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 03:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7598: 24.0.50; CVS/Template ignored when committing files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7598: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7598
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7598: 24.0.50; CVS/Template ignored when committing files
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 23:23:11 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.1

Marco Gidde wrote:

> When committing files from within pcl-cvs the log-edit buffer is always
> filled with the default string "Summary:" instead of reading
> CVS/Template.
>
> Reading the code the reason is quite obvious: the function log-edit is
> called with setup=non-nil and therefore inserts aforementioned
> string. Later the log-edit-hook is run, which contains
> log-edit-insert-cvs-template, but this functions only reads and inserts
> the template when the buffer is still empty.

Thanks; fixed.

> In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
>  of 2010-12-04 on tribuntu

Subject: 24.0.50; CVS/Template ignored when committing files
From: Marco Gidde <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:17:21 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When committing files from within pcl-cvs the log-edit buffer is always
filled with the default string "Summary:" instead of reading
CVS/Template.

Reading the code the reason is quite obvious: the function log-edit is
called with setup=non-nil and therefore inserts aforementioned
string. Later the log-edit-hook is run, which contains
log-edit-insert-cvs-template, but this functions only reads and inserts
the template when the buffer is still empty.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-12-04 on tribuntu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/mg/local' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  yas/minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
mouse-2, RET: find variable's definition
uncompressing log-edit.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-faces hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-feed hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sh hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-table hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-list hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-id hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-publish hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-publish
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-docview hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-exp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-vm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-irc hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-remember hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-python hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-css hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-freemind hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mks hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mks
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-org hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-R hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-src hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-html hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-html
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-beamer hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-wl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-habit hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-capture hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-C hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mew hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-indent hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-icalendar hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-attach hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-archive hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-timer hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-docbook hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-js hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-table hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-compat hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-entities hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-latex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mac-message hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-colview hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-macs hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-install hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-plot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-clock hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-info hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-ascii hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-xoxo hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(find-func shadow emacsbug grep multi-isearch novice vc-bzr sha1 sha1-el
hex-util pcmpl-unix em-unix pcomplete em-term term ehelp electric
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dabbrev
tabify org-table smiley flow-fill gnus-dup rfc2104 mailalias smtpmail
help-mode view gnus-cite mule-util bbdb-gui sort w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m
doc-view jka-compr image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table gnus-topic nnfolder pop3 nnml nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus
bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com auth-source netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp proto-stream
starttls tls gnus-cache sgml-mode tex-mode dired ruby-mode flyspell
ispell nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok vc-git scala-mode-feature-electric speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe assoc scala-mode-feature-speedbar scala-mode-feature-tags
scala-mode-feature scala-mode-inf scala-mode-ui scala-mode-fontlock
scala-mode-indent scala-mode-navigation scala-mode-lib
scala-mode-variables scala-mode-constants scala-mode parse-time vc-cvs
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb remember org-mobile org-agenda org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline org-install holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs dropdown-list yasnippet uniquify which-func imenu paren
delsel cus-start cus-load initsplit mime-w3m w3m-load dictionary link
connection bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone nnir gnus-sum macroexp nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr paredit ido mg-elcl time-date
eldoc slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
warnings slime-references slime-xref-browser tree-widget wid-edit
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile apropos
hyperspec browse-url mg-backup mg-frame mg-killbuffer mg-modes mg-sdk
skeleton whitespace etags cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs hideshow mg-feature server
mg-rel-file derived desktop git-blame git log-edit easy-mmode pcvs-util
add-log ewoc quack thingatpt ipython edmacro kmacro advice help-fns
advice-preload python-mode info-look compile ansi-color executable shell
scala-mode-auto gambit cmuscheme scheme ielm pp comint regexp-opt ring
allout info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)