Subject: bug#7598: 24.0.50; CVS/Template ignored when committing files

From: Marco Gidde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:17:21 +0100

When committing files from within pcl-cvs the log-edit buffer is always
filled with the default string "Summary:" instead of reading
CVS/Template.

Reading the code the reason is quite obvious: the function log-edit is
called with setup=non-nil and therefore inserts aforementioned
string. Later the log-edit-hook is run, which contains
log-edit-insert-cvs-template, but this functions only reads and inserts
the template when the buffer is still empty.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-12-04 on tribuntu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/mg/local' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  yas/minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
mouse-2, RET: find variable's definition
uncompressing log-edit.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-faces hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-feed hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sh hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-table hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-list hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-id hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-publish hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-publish
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-docview hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-exp hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-vm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-irc hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-remember hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-python hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-css hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-freemind hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mks hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mks
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-org hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-R hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-src hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-html hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-html
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-beamer hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-wl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-habit hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-capture hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-C hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mew hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-indent hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-icalendar hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-attach hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-archive hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-timer hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-docbook hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-js hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-table hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-compat hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-entities hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-latex hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-mac-message hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-colview hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-macs hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-install hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-plot hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-clock hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-info hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-ascii hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-xoxo hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/mg/LANG/EMACS/org/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /home/mg/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl

Features:
(find-func shadow emacsbug grep multi-isearch novice vc-bzr sha1 sha1-el
hex-util pcmpl-unix em-unix pcomplete em-term term ehelp electric
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dabbrev
tabify org-table smiley flow-fill gnus-dup rfc2104 mailalias smtpmail
help-mode view gnus-cite mule-util bbdb-gui sort w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m
doc-view jka-compr image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table gnus-topic nnfolder pop3 nnml nndraft nnmh bbdb-gnus
bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com auth-source netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp proto-stream
starttls tls gnus-cache sgml-mode tex-mode dired ruby-mode flyspell
ispell nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok vc-git scala-mode-feature-electric speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe assoc scala-mode-feature-speedbar scala-mode-feature-tags
scala-mode-feature scala-mode-inf scala-mode-ui scala-mode-fontlock
scala-mode-indent scala-mode-navigation scala-mode-lib
scala-mode-variables scala-mode-constants scala-mode parse-time vc-cvs
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb remember org-mobile org-agenda org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline org-install holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs dropdown-list yasnippet uniquify which-func imenu paren
delsel cus-start cus-load initsplit mime-w3m w3m-load dictionary link
connection bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone nnir gnus-sum macroexp nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr paredit ido mg-elcl time-date
eldoc slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
warnings slime-references slime-xref-browser tree-widget wid-edit
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-highlight-edits slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl slime byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile apropos
hyperspec browse-url mg-backup mg-frame mg-killbuffer mg-modes mg-sdk
skeleton whitespace etags cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs hideshow mg-feature server
mg-rel-file derived desktop git-blame git log-edit easy-mmode pcvs-util
add-log ewoc quack thingatpt ipython edmacro kmacro advice help-fns
advice-preload python-mode info-look compile ansi-color executable shell
scala-mode-auto gambit cmuscheme scheme ielm pp comint regexp-opt ring
allout info easymenu cl tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)