Subject: Re: bug#75977: Build failure in rclone

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 20:16:32 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 31 Jan 2025 at 20:21, Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> after today's "guix pull", updating my profile fails because of a build
> failure in rclone. That package hasn't been updated in four years, so
> there must be something else that has changed to break it.

Thanks for the report.  The failure is a regression introduced by:

        commit 1e4a22c4d7a03ec8614b02f0878bc38b6ba54580
        Date:   Tue Dec 3 00:37:46 2024 +0000

            build-system/go: Add test-subdirs option key.

            Golang projects may contain subdirectories with test files, which can't
            be reached by providing just IMPORT-PATH to the test runner.  This
            change implements a TEST-SUBDIRS key parameter which is by default set
            to "import-path/..." to run all available tests in the project, and may
            be limited to particular subdirs list.

            * guix/build-system/go.scm (go-build, go-cross-build): Add "test-subdirs"
            key parameter.
            * guix/build/go-build-system.scm (check): Add "test-subdirs" key
            parameter and adjust test invokation accordingly.

            Change-Id: Ibc107deea060f0d71e6f4e1e37c81d3b7c9992f5

I pushed a fix with 4c536fe5893d34e0442f2a7f6c57c46b9fd8afc3.  So,
closing. :-)  Let me know I’ve missed something.

Cheers,
simon