Subject: Re: bug#75966: [PATCH] gnu: qtwebengine: Set default path for QtWebEngineProcess.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 23:37:17 +0900

Hi,

[email-masked] writes:

> From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
>
> Since qtwebengine and qtbase are not installed into the same prefix,
> the default path for QtWebEngineProcess won't work.  Fix it so that
> we no longer need to set QTWEBENGINEPROCESS_PATH anymore.
>
> * gnu/packages/qt.scm (qtwebengine-5, qtwebengine)[arguments]:
> Substitute 'QLibraryInfo::LibraryExecutablesPath' in 'substitute-source phase.
> [native-search-paths]: Remove QTWEBENGINEPROCESS_PATH.
> * guix/build/qt-utils.scm (variables-for-wrapping): Remove
> QTWEBENGINEPROCESS_PATH.
>
> Change-Id: Ie0dfaf8c2355a679e2a3ddeacf09654830f9ab2f

Reviewed-by: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>

I note that given then change to qt-utils, that's a Qt world rebuild
change, and should go to a qt-team branch.  Perhaps we could bunch a qt
upgrade on top if time permits; we have a manifest that makes this
rather simple (unless there are new test failures...).  See
etc/teams/qt-team/qt-manifest.scm for example, and the comment inside.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim