Subject: bug#75964: Switching the Emacs build to -Wswitch-enum in src/

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2025 17:27:11 +0000

"Stefan Kangas" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> It would indeed be wise to stop pushing changes in this area as long
>> as we are not sure what would be the best solution.
>>
>> Stefan, do you agree?
>
> Yes.  Let's decide what's the best way forward here before making any
> further changes.

Agreed.  I thought there might be a one-time benefit, but I haven't had
time to look at the places where I was confused about a case not being
handled...  Anyway, I have the GCC option in my tree now and no one can
take it away from me :-)

> The recent reverts by Pip Cet seems like a good step.

Just for the record, I proposed but did not push those.  I don't think
that changes anything, though.

Pip