Subject: [bug#75959] [PATCH v10] services: syncthing: Add support for config file generation.

From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2025 15:49:04 -0500

Hi,

Gabriel Santos <[email-masked]> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I appreciate your efforts on this, but this completly broke
> home-syncthing-service-type for me, as it's resetting my configuration,
> giving my device another ID.
>
> --
> Gabriel Santos

I think I know why this is.  At some point Syncthing changed the default
config directory from ~/.config/syncthing to ~/.local/state/syncthing.
If you move your syncthing .pem files from ~/.local/state/syncthing to
~/.config/syncthing, it will work.  Since it seems Syncthing has changed
the default, this service should really do so as well.  I'll update it
on the other patch that I'm submitting.

-Zacchae