Subject: Re: bug#7595: Infinite loop in cc-mode, or the coming of autumn

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:02:25 +0000

Hi, Yidong,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 03:09:21PM -0500, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > First thing about Daniel's bug: it doesn't occur in the stand-alone CC
> > Mode running on Emacs 23.2; this version of CC Mode contains my original
> > patch from a couple of months ago.

> > Before applying a fix to the current bug (Daniel, are you sure the
> > current bug is the "same" (whatever that means) as the original bug?),
> > I'd like to work out what the difference is between stand-alone CC Mode
> > and the one in Emacs-23.3/..../lisp/progmodes.

> OK, I see the problem.  The patch you supplied in the email was not
> applied correctly to the branch.  The second hunk ended up in
> c-beginning-of-statement.

I think the problem is in the Emacs 24 trunk, too.

> So, it looks like my fault, and I'm not sure how it happened (maybe due
> to the line number mismatch).  Sorry.

> With this corrected in the branch, the new problem goes away.  I will
> make a second release candidate with this fix.

Excellent!  Thanks for finding it.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).