Subject: bug#75932: closed ([email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2025 17:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#75932: [email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
75932: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=75932
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2025 17:41:05 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: [email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux
From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 10:19:14 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Noticed on my aarch64-linux VM today that golang builds are 
failing:

    $ guix build go
    <snip>
    starting phase `build'
    make.bash: line 159: 
    /gnu/store/45vng74anlglfd30v678a1lkbb34pjpv-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003/bin/go: 
    cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
    $ guix shell file -- file 
    /gnu/store/45vng74anlglfd30v678a1lkbb34pjpv-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003/bin/go
    <snip>
    /gnu/store/45vng74anlglfd30v678a1lkbb34pjpv-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003/bin/go: 
    ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), 
    statically linked, stripped
    $ uname -a
    Linux vakum 6.11.11-gnu #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC 1 aarch64 
    GNU/Linux
    $ guix describe
    Generation 7	Jan 29 2025 08:50:46	(current)
    guix ac103c2
      repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
      branch: master
      commit: ac103c2eab1a169ca18c88fd0b0d03c7d2e02c9d

This was working in the previous generation, which was commit 
680d01aeefaec383da44c3b6920c8a42f41613e9.  I don’t see any changes 
to go-1.4 or go-1.17 in there, but there are some go-build-system 
change, which might be related.

  -- Ian