Subject: bug#75932: [email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 12:09:22 +0000

Hi Ian,

I tried to reproduce it with time-machine and your commit on
--system=aarch64-linux:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix time-machine --commit=ac103c2eab1a169ca18c88fd0b0d03c7d2e02c9d -- build --system=aarch64-linux go
<...>
/gnu/store/3z743aawlgqxww7dhkaap7gwcxjsgviw-go-1.23.5
/gnu/store/72609ldby63jf84z7qr4f628imnghdd2-go-1.23.5-tests

guix time-machine --commit=ac103c2eab1a169ca18c88fd0b0d03c7d2e02c9d -- build --system=aarch64-linux [email-masked]
<...>
/gnu/store/14jpr2l9qbin1bnf1dciyv1f0i3mi25g-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003-doc
/gnu/store/szpnxss4sdk6q06cnqi5vvz3y1f5kb4s-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003
/gnu/store/x3f04scmkdl4p32md1kvc3xnykz4lwhq-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003-tests

guix time-machine --commit=ac103c2eab1a169ca18c88fd0b0d03c7d2e02c9d -- shell file -- file /gnu/store/szpnxss4sdk6q06cnqi5vvz3y1f5kb4s-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003/bin/go
<...>
/gnu/store/szpnxss4sdk6q06cnqi5vvz3y1f5kb4s-go-1.4-bootstrap-20171003/bin/go:
ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), statically
linked, stripped

guix time-machine --commit=ac103c2eab1a169ca18c88fd0b0d03c7d2e02c9d -- shell file -- file /gnu/store/3z743aawlgqxww7dhkaap7gwcxjsgviw-go-1.23.5/bin/go
<...>
/gnu/store/3z743aawlgqxww7dhkaap7gwcxjsgviw-go-1.23.5/bin/go: ELF 64-bit
LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, Go
BuildID=0eCUv8J6ZCq7sgVVZxvd/PzySMddYip0GeTK6gXT2/fIgm9FAYEjVeYs-FPzTf/q1haDqtswLHqvG5hU8dG,
stripped
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It built succefully on my end in Qemu as you may see. I've got x86_64 for the
host machine.

Is any chance you may provide a similar reproducer?

--
Oleg