Subject: Re: [email-masked] builds failing on aarch64-linux

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2025 13:01:41 -0800

Hi Sharlatan,

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
>
> This looks like one binary built on one architecture is invoked 
> on other.
>

Yes.  My original report includes the output of `file' on the 
binary in question, which is a 32-bit ARM ELF executable. 
Presumably this cannot be directly executed on a 64-bit ARM host.

> May you share the steps please?
>

Running  `guix build go' on an aarch64-linux machine reproduces 
the issue.  I included what I thought would be all the relevant 
information in my original report, including a commit where this 
worked, the commit where it’s broken, the machine type, and the 
output of `file' on the binary that’s failing to run.  If you need 
more information, please let me know what specific things would be 
helpful, and I’d be happy to provide it.

  -- Ian