Subject: bug#75930: 30.0.92; Setting default frame background color messes up mouse pointer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 08:17:10 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 23:25:47 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks.  I wonder whether this is window-manager specific, even if not
> > exwm-specific
> 
> I installed the GDM login manager and the gnome-shell desktop
> environment to test your hypothesis. I observe the same behaviour there.
> 
> Even if it was "window-manager specific" as you say, I think that is a
> backwards way of thinking about it. This is happening in a *minimal*
> configuration where Emacs is running directly under X.

The thing is, I cannot find where this setting of the border happens
in our code.  It seems to be the consequence of setting the frame's
background mode, which happens when you set the background color, but
that's where the track went cold for me, probably because I don't know
enough about the X11 graphics.  I hope someone else will be able to
point out where we cause that border to appear, and then a solution
might be found.

Po Lu, any suggestions or ideas?