Subject: Re: bug#75926: 31.0.50; Cygw32 build break

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 14:37:45 -0500

On 1/30/2025 5:44 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2025 19:13:49 +0900
>> From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
>> Thank you for the quick fix, though I wonder cygw32 build needs
>> tree-sitter--library-abi.  The variable is used to adjust
>> dynamic-library-alist's value, whcih doesn't seem to be used on cygw32
>> build.
> 
> I know, but the problem is the Cygw32 build loads w32-win.el, where
> this data structure is defined.  And all the other variables and
> functions used in that structure's value are defined using HAVE_NTGUI
> as the condition, so I just did the same for this case.
> 
> We should probably split w32-win.el into two parts, one loaded by both
> the native Windows and Cygw32 builds, the other only by the former.
> But I don't know enough about the Cygw32 build and it needs, and don't
> have Cygwin installed to build it in the first place, so I'm not the
> best person for doing that job.  Maybe Ken (CC'ed) has comments or
> suggestions on this.

That sounds like a reasonable approach, but I don't have time to dig 
into it right now.  I don't actually know the innards of the Cygw32 
build very well.  I never use that build myself, and I only build it 
when someone asks me to test something.  Kazuhiro, are you interested in 
giving Eli's suggestion a try?  I have a feeling that you're more 
familiar with that part of the code than I am.

Ken