Subject: 31.0.50; Duplicate defvar comp-async-compilations in comp-run.el

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 15:47:14 +0100

Okay to apply the following?

>From 785141360ad7e7ace43e0c2c9fe7249dadb09f45 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 14:15:44 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] ; Remove duplicate defvar in comp-run.el.

---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el | 3 ---
 1 file changed, 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el
index 984b93100f3..061f1767b74 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el
@@ -161,9 +161,6 @@ native--compile-async-skip-p
 (defvar comp-files-queue ()
   "List of Emacs Lisp files to be compiled.")
 
-(defvar comp-async-compilations (make-hash-table :test #'equal)
-  "Hash table file-name -> async compilation process.")
-
 (defun comp--async-runnings ()
   "Return the number of async compilations currently running.
 This function has the side effect of cleaning-up finished
-- 
2.45.2

AFAICT the twin defvars seem to have mistakenly been introduced in:

 comp: split code in comp-run.el
 e6a955d2426 2023-11-09 11:06:06 +0100
 https://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=e6a955d2426

Thanks,
-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.2, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2025-01-28 built on tais
Repository revision: b4e9115f4fcfc174a9c3b974bf414ae4af060ae7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb3' -C --prefix=/home/blc/.local
 --enable-checking=structs --without-native-compilation
 --with-file-notification --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-x'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39817 8983) (symbols 48 5388 0) (strings 32 13437 2342)
 (string-bytes 1 319701) (vectors 16 9426)
 (vector-slots 8 113711 5443) (floats 8 24 2) (intervals 56 293 0)
 (buffers 992 11))