Subject: Re: bug#75906: 30.0.93; track-changes-tests--random failure

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 04:30:56 -0500

> | Random seed = "814217"
> | Running 1 tests (2025-01-28 08:03:59+0000, selector ‘(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))’)
> | seeding with: "814217"
> | Warning (emacs): Missing/incorrect calls to ‘before/after-change-functions’!!
> | Details logged to ‘track-changes--error-log’

Hmm... that's weird.  I tried:

    src/emacs --batch -Q                                              \
              --eval '(setq track-changes-tests--random-seed 814217)' \
              -l test/lisp/emacs-lisp/track-changes-tests.elc         \
              --eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit t)'

but that sadly did not reproduce the problem for me.
Does it reproduce the problem for you?
If so, can you try

    src/emacs --batch -Q                                              \
              --eval '(setq track-changes-tests--random-verbose t)'   \
              --eval '(setq track-changes-tests--random-seed 814217)' \
              -l test/lisp/emacs-lisp/track-changes-tests.elc         \
              --eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit t)'

to hopefully get more details of what's going on?

        Stefan