Subject: Re: bug#75905: 31.0.50; feature/igc: crash when clicking menubar

From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2025 10:19:50 +0800

>>>>> "PC" == Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

    PC> "Andrew Cohen" <[email-masked]> writes: Hi!

    PC> Thanks for the report!

    >> pgtk emacs with mpc crashes whenever the menubar is clicked. Same
    >> configuration without igc has no problem.

    PC> That makes sense.  I'd just fixed this bug in the X case (the X
    PC> case is slightly different: when you click a popup menu, you'll
    PC> always get nil, the "no" answer in y-or-no-p, right now), but
    PC> there seem to be a few more places that need it.

    PC> (Note that the glib_user_data thing isn't working as well as it
    PC> should, and I'm working on an improved version.  The current
    PC> code should be usable on plain GTK and may be usable on PGTK,
    PC> but if you use menu bars and many frames things may be slow).

    PC> Can you please try this patch?

Sure! And indeed, with that patch the crash is gone. 

Best,
Andy
-- 
Andrew Cohen