Subject: 31.0.50; Commit c50e8c242 breaks `global-tab-line-mode'

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2025 19:55:03 +0100

Hi all,

build Emacs with commit

  Prefer make_formatted_string in svg_load_image
  commit c50e8c24247eb69d85b004a72197e710c8e1e32a

and then:

  • emacs -Q
  • M-x global-tab-line-mode RET

which gives me (line breaks added for better legibility):

  Error during redisplay: (eval (tab-line-format) t) signaled
  (error "Invalid format operation %06X; fill: currentColor;\"
   width=\"%d\" height=\"%d\" preserveAspectRatio=\"none\"
   viewBox=\"0 0 %f %f\"><rect width=\"100%%\" height=\"100%%\"
   fill=\"#%06X\"/><xi:include
   href=\"data:image/svg+xml;base64,%s\"></xi:include></svg>")

Best, Arash

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 16, aarch64-apple-darwin24.2.0, NS
 appkit-2575.30 Version 15.2 (Build 24C101)) of 2025-01-27 built on
 MacMutant.local
Repository revision: 028fae966142b6e2330b9250fb4cdf2cbd8e1446
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2575
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns --without-pop --without-mailutils --with-threads
 --with-modules --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0 -pipe '
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/14.2.0_1/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libgccjit/14.2.0_1/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libxml2/2.13.5/include '
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc/14.2.0_1/lib/gcc/current
 -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gmp/6.3.0/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/Cellar/libxml2/2.13.5/lib ''

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
XIM ZLIB