Subject: [bug#75894] Request for merging "node-team" branch

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2025 17:54:33 +0200

On 2025-04-12 11:39, Christopher Baines wrote:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> thanks a lot for cleaning up the branches!
>>>
>>> The node-team branch is currently built on QA:
>>>    https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/node-team
>>>
>>> There are not so many affected packages, so maybe you can apply it to
>>> master rather quickly.
>>
>> Looks like the builds are mostly complete, one package that stood out
>> was libnode, as that seems to fail to build on 32bit architectures.
>>
>> I'm not sure if that's more flakyness (since some builds for other
>> architectures failed as well) or not:
>>
>>   https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/node-team/latest-processed-revision/package/libnode/22.14.0?locale=en_US.UTF-8
>
> The test looks to be regarded as flaky by upstream, so I've pushed a
> commit to skip the test on 32 bit architectures and rebased the branch.
>
> Obviously there's work ongoing on the python-team branch at the moment,
> but hopefully either python-team or node-team are ready to merge shortly
> (and given the small number of builds on the node-team branch, I think
> it's likely that it might be node-team).

I was working on both recently.

I don't think what I worked on in node-team is ready yet (I had some
updates going on and did some work to auto-delete unwanted dependencies
just as I did on python too, but I'd say it's not ready yet and could be
delayed until a later revision of the branch if that's blocking for some
other team).

I don't know if Jelle had other plans but if not, node-team can be
merged IMO, and we'll open another one when I'll have more time to
iterate / mature on my idea (I might start a GCD because it might be
useful for several build-systems).

On python-team, there's still maybe a week of work.  I'll dedicate some
time this evening and tomorrow to advance on my part.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves