Subject: bug#75893: Polyglossia

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2025 12:13:19 +0100

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have just rebased the tex-team branch on master.

Great. Thanks.

> Currently I get an
> error trying to build texlive-polyglossia, needed for
> texlive-collection-xetex, I think.
>
> It happens during the build of the documentation inside the build phase:
> kpathsea: Running mktextfm FreeSans/OT
> /gnu/store/bmzskdxs20q6hyqc0jn4s0ipdi9kwaay-texlive-local-tree-2024.2/share/texmf-dist/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source abbreviatio
> n  for OT.
> /gnu/store/bmzskdxs20q6hyqc0jn4s0ipdi9kwaay-texlive-local-tree-2024.2/share/texmf-dist/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update ?
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; ; nonstopmode; input OT
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828182 (TeX Live 2024/GNU Guix)
> (preloaded base=mf)

I think you need to move all font-* and fontconfig packages outside of
texlive-local-tree, but still keep them as native inputs.

I think the issue is the same in packages including non-texlive inputs
within texlive-local-tree, such as texlive-arabxetex. To be confirmed
with the above.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou