Subject: Re: bug#75858: [PATCH] Display separators on tty menus with display table entries

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 15:13:25 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This completes a point I left open last time I changed tty menu
>> separators: displaying separators with nicer Unicode chars.
>> Which can be activated with standard-display-unicode-special-glyphs.
>
> Thanks.  I think this needs to be documented in the ELisp manual and
> in NEWS.

Thanks, please find patch for doc strings and C comment attached. I'll
send another one for NEWS and Elisp later.

>From 9f708d1eec2523b5b758a032a44cdf5b2ea46781 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Gerd=20M=C3=B6llmann?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2025 15:09:36 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix doc strings and C comment

---
 lisp/disp-table.el | 19 +++++++++++--------
 src/xdisp.c        |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/disp-table.el b/lisp/disp-table.el
index 6994d3706c5..08acfd04645 100644
--- a/lisp/disp-table.el
+++ b/lisp/disp-table.el
@@ -67,9 +67,10 @@ display-table-slot
 SLOT may be a number from 0 to 17 inclusive, or a slot name (symbol).
 Valid symbols are `truncation', `wrap', `escape', `control',
 `selective-display', `vertical-border', `box-vertical',
-`box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-right', `box-up-left',
-`box-double-vertical',`box-double-horizontal', `box-double-down-right',
-`box-double-down-right', `box-double-up-left',"
+`box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-left', `box-up-right',
+`box-up-left',`box-double-vertical',`box-double-horizontal',
+`box-double-down-right', `box-double-down-left',
+`box-double-down-left',`box-double-up-left',"
   (let ((slot-number
 	 (if (numberp slot) slot
 	   (or (get slot 'display-table-slot)
@@ -82,9 +83,10 @@ set-display-table-slot
 SLOT may be a number from 0 to 17 inclusive, or a name (symbol).
 Valid symbols are `truncation', `wrap', `escape', `control',
 `selective-display', `vertical-border', `box-vertical',
-`box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-right', `box-up-left',
-`box-double-vertical',`box-double-horizontal', `box-double-down-right',
-`box-double-down-right', `box-double-up-left',"
+`box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-left', `box-up-right',
+`box-up-left',`box-double-vertical',`box-double-horizontal',
+`box-double-down-right', `box-double-down-left',
+`box-double-down-left',`box-double-up-left',"
   (let ((slot-number
 	 (if (numberp slot) slot
 	   (or (get slot 'display-table-slot)
@@ -177,8 +179,9 @@ describe-current-display-table
 (defun standard-display-unicode-special-glyphs ()
   "Display some glyps using Unicode characters.
 The glyphs being changed by this function are `vertical-border',
-`box-vertical', `box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-left',
-`box-up-right', and `box-up-left'."
+`box-vertical',`box-horizontal', `box-down-right', `box-down-right',
+`box-up-left',`box-double-vertical',`box-double-horizontal',
+`box-double-down-right',`box-double-down-right', `box-double-up-left',"
   (interactive)
   (set-display-table-slot standard-display-table
 			  'vertical-border (make-glyph-code #x2502))
diff --git a/src/xdisp.c b/src/xdisp.c
index d8363eb15ed..14939937e49 100644
--- a/src/xdisp.c
+++ b/src/xdisp.c
@@ -27279,7 +27279,7 @@ deep_copy_glyph_row (struct frame *f, struct glyph_row *to, struct glyph_row *fr
 }
 
 /* Return the character to be used for displaying a tty menu separator.
-   C is the character to be used by default. BOX is the display table
+   C is the character to be used by default.  BOX is the display table
    entry for the character to be used instead.  It is looked up in
    standard-display-table.  Value is the character to use.  */
 
-- 
2.48.1