Subject: Re: bug#75844: Update for window-tool-bar

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 22:20:08 -0800

On 2025-02-02 23:36, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>> BTW this
>>> ;; Dragging empty space on the tab-line (which this package uses to
>>> ;; display the window tool bar) doesn't resize windows.  This is
>>> ;; unlike the mode line, where dragging empty space resizes the
>>> ;; window.
>>> apparently hasn't been fixed.  Why not?
>> 
>> People I know in person have mentioned this to me directly which is 
>> why
>> I added this. I think this is actually better fixed in tab-line.el,
>> though. tab-line-mode has the same issue.  If you think it's more 
>> useful to
>> file a separate bug for this, I can do so and delete this as a known 
>> issue
>> of window-tool-bar.
> 
> Dragging empty space on the tab-line would be nice to have
> when it doesn't preclude from dragging tabs to reorder them.
> Please file a separate request if you intend to implement this.

Will do. It's especially strange since dragging on a header line *does* 
resize the window. If you have a header line and a tab line both 
visible, you end up with the following stack at the boundary between 
windows:

Top window content
--- MINIBUFFER --- (draggable)
--- TAB LINE ----- (not draggable)
--- HEADER LINE -- (draggable)
Bottom window content

I'll file a separate bug for making dragging empty space on the tab line 
work and will delete this line from the patch next time I'm near my 
Emacs-development computer.

Any other feedback here?

   -- MJF