Subject: Re: bug#75840: 31.0.50; epg

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 10:55:39 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 18:48:12 -0500
> 
> I didn't see any of your messages about this until today.  I can't
> reliably see look at all the messages I receive -- they are too many.

What can I do to attract your attention to an email message?

>   > > > Please tell which command you invoked.  If you happen to know which
>   > > > function checks the trustdb and hung, that would be even more helpful.
> 
> It was either epa-mail-encrypt or rmail-epa-decrypt.  After this much
> time, I am not sure which one.  But most likely it ws the latter;
> most likely there was an encrypted incoming message I wanted to read,

Both these commands provide some sort of feedback.  epa-mail-encrypt
says "Encrypting..." followed by "Encrypting...done", and
rmail-epa-decrypt says "Decrypting..." followed by
"Decrypting...done".  That should be enough for giving you feedback
about what's happening, no?

Do you know what is the function that "checks trustdb"?  If it is not
called by epa-encrypt-region/epa-decrypt-region (which are the epg
workhorses of the two commands you mentioned), then maybe I missed
those calls which "check trustdb", and the message you wanted added is
elsewhere?