Subject: Re: bug#7583: 23.2; ido loads tramp too eagerly

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:47:16 +0200

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Dave,

>>> emacs -Q
>>> `M-x ido-mode RET'
>>> `C-x C-f'           <wait while tramp loads>
>>
>> Running this recipe with Emacs 24.0.90, I don't see a serious delay due
>> to Tramp. Do you still believe we need to fix something?
>
> Yeah, I do (no pun intended).  See the other report I made today.
> Again, I'm not sure it's *technically* Tramp's fault, but I think Tramp
> should probably be more resilient to whatever ido is doing.

I've just committed a patch for ido.el, which removes explicit loading
of Tramp. Autoloads shall be sufficient.

This is all what could be done inside ido, IMHO. I've seen your other
report on the Tramp ML, and I'm working on this. Therefore, I believe we
can close *this* bug report.

Do you agree?

Best regards, Michael.