Subject: Re: bug#7583: 23.2; ido loads tramp too eagerly

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:22:16 +0200

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Thierry,

> I think we misunderstand here, i have no real problems with tramp, i
> have made my anything code working with tramp as i want, only
> method/hostname completion are not implemented yet, but all is working
> fine here.

Good to know. So I will concentrate in this bug report on what's left
from Dave's problems with ido.

> I was suggesting at first using a tramp-file-name-regexp that detect a
> tramp name only after the second ":" (what i do here in anything),
> because i thought you had problems with ido, but it seem you have fixed
> all, so i think it's ok.

I recommend not to use an own `tramp-file-name-regexp'. There could
always be problems when Tramp is changing it, and there are in fact 3
different syntax notations for remote file names, which are supported by
Tramp.

Have you tried to apply `non-essential' instead?

> For my use case in anything, i can deal with the actual tramp code, no
> problems.
>  
> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.