Subject: Re: bug#7583: 23.2; ido loads tramp too eagerly

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:35:31 +0200

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi Thierry,
>
>> No i say completion in Emacs is made differently so it is acceptable,
>> though it should not hang like described above.
>> (Here i display in buffer "Invalid tramp file name" and wait user enter
>> something correct before trying to connect with tramp to this invalid
>> name).
>>
>> What i was suggesting is just a different implementation that would
>> work more safely in all case.
>> It's what i did in anything except for hostname completion which is not
>> done yet. (see precedents posts).
>
> I'm trying to understand what's left to do after submitting the recent
> Tramp patches. Could you, please, show my a recipe about Tramp's
> misbehaviour?
Sorry for late reply, i had network problems.
I think we misunderstand here, i have no real problems with tramp, i
have made my anything code working with tramp as i want, only
method/hostname completion are not implemented yet, but all is working
fine here.
I was suggesting at first using a tramp-file-name-regexp that detect a
tramp name only after the second ":" (what i do here in anything),
because i thought you had problems with ido, but it seem you have fixed
all, so i think it's ok.
For my use case in anything, i can deal with the actual tramp code, no
problems.
 
Thanks.

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997