Subject: Re: bug#7583: 23.2; ido loads tramp too eagerly

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:17:09 +0200

Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This seems a bit overeager.  It takes a while to load up tramp, and ido
>> shouldn't need to consider tramp filename completions if tramp isn't
>> already loaded.
>
> Would help to set ido-enable-tramp-completions to nil, and set it back
> to t after loading tramp?
The problem, I guess is tramp start immediately when you enter the first
":" due to `tramp-file-name-regexp'.  This is a common problem for all
incremental UI with tramp.
In anything i let bound `tramp-file-name-regexp' to another value that
wait you type in the second ":".
I don't know for ido but due to it's nature, i guess it's the same.

See `anything-ff-set-pattern' in anything-config.el.
http://repo.or.cz/w/anything-config.git

  (let ((methods (mapcar 'car tramp-methods))
        (reg "\\`/\\([^[/:]+\\|[^/]+]\\):.*:")
        cur-method tramp-name)

Where reg replace the tramp regexp.

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997