Subject: bug#75828: [PATCH] Correct make-frame docstring vis-a-vis make_frame.c

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 15:54:50 +0200

> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 12:00:42 +0100
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
> +By default this function does not display the current buffer in the new
> +frame if the buffer is hidden, that is, if its name starts with a space.
> +However, if the variable @code{expose-hidden-buffer} is either @code{t}
> +or equals the symbol @code{make-frame}, it will display the current
> +buffer even if it is hidden.

This text should IMO say that the function will display another buffer
instead of a hidden one.  The wording above could be interpreted as
meaning it will display nothing at all.

> +By default do not display the current buffer in the new frame if the
> +buffer is hidden, that is, if the buffer's name starts with a space.
> +However, if `expose-hidden-buffer' is either t or equals the symbol
> +`make-frame', display the current buffer even if it is hidden."

Same here.

I also wonder why the value t alone is not enough.  It might be
confusing to have a symbol whose name is the same as the name of a
function, so if we can do with t alone, I'd prefer that.

Thanks.