Subject: [bug#75807] [PATCH,WIP] Support for the Algol 68 language

From: "Jose E. Marchesi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2025 01:10:43 +0100

Hello Karl.

>     the compiler is useful 
>
> What Algol 68 code does anyone want to use or write nowadays?
> Just curious.

Algol 68 is a very good programming language.  Once implemented in a
modern optimized compiler and carefully extended, I plan to use it for
many of my non-C projects.

>     But I am not familiar with the Automake internals 
>
> Neither am I, but we plunge ahead as best we can anyway.

:)

>     and it is likely I am missing something and/or doing something wrong.  
>
> It looks reasonable to me at first glance. But one crucial thing is
> missing: test(s) to exercise the functionality. Just compiling
> hello,world and running it should suffice for starters.
>
> Can you write a test please? --thanks, karl.

Sure thing.  Will send a V2.

I see this triggered a ddebugs ticket.  Should I send the [PATCH V2] by
replying to this email, or start a new thread?  If the second, shall I
add [email-masked] in CC?  How does it work?

Thanks!