Subject: Re: [bug#75805] Request for merging "elogind-updates" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2025 10:15:23 +0100

Jelle Licht <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This updates elogind to 255.17, the latest version.  It's already been
>> built for x86_64 on the CI, without issues apparently:
>> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/2020498
>>
>> -- 
>> Thanks,
>> Maxim
>
> Do you think this branch is about ready to be merged? If not, would you
> be okay with me sneaking in the node-team branch merge ahead of this
> one? It already has pretty decent substitute availability right now, and
> the next Node.js LTS release is slated for 22/04/25, at which point I'd
> like to start a new round of patches on a new branch.

Substitute availablity seems to be good but only since there's so few
packages affected by the changes on this branch. QA doesn't look to have
any information on the changes yet.

We've only just switched yesterday to prioritising elogind-updates over
python-team, I think at least a few more days are needed to give QA time
to make more progress building elogind-updates before considering
switching up the order again.