Subject: [PATCH python-team 0/2] NumPy 1+ and 2+.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 13:42:48 +0000

Hi,

Thank you for review points. I'll apply them on v2, I would think to add
python-numpy-2 directly to master which will help with some other leaf
package updates (e.g. in Astronomy).

> Does the Meson thing also apply to 1.x?
As far as I see in GitHub it does for v1.26.5 and not for packaged in Guix v1.24.4.

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/v1.26.5/vendored-meson -> 200
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/tree/v1.24.4/vendored-meson -> 404

> The file also says “As of Dec'23 […]”.  Do you think current versions of
> Meson would work?  That would be an improvement.
They do not upstream changes for some reason and pyproject.toml hard
requires it:

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/v2.2.2/pyproject.toml
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[tool.meson-python]
meson = 'vendored-meson/meson/meson.py'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'll poke around to see if may patch that.

--
Oleg