Subject: bug#75794: [PATCH] feat(icomplete): markers and vertical alignment

From: Rahul Martim Juliato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 20:10:04 -0300

"jxf" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tried the patch and found that the face was weird when
> =show-paren-mode= was on. 
>

Hello there jxf!

Thanks for your interest on testing it and your feedback!

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce this behavior.

Can you reproduce it from `emacs -Q` somehow? Maybe your theme or
other package might be interfering with it? Are we sure icomplete patch
is the cause here?

If you could isolate what happened there it would be easier to check for
bugs :)

In the meantime, I made this .el file you could visit and eval after `emacs -Q`:

https://0x0.st/8uAt.el

This "overrides" the icomplete functions, meaning you can use it in any
Emacs > 30, non patched version and check the behavior.

I could not reproduce it, even changing to any of (the default) themes.

Thanks again!

PS: please ignore the message I wrongly sent just for you,
this adds the debug list on cc.

-- 

Rahul Martim Juliato