Subject: [bug#75787] [PATCH] gnu: Add microcabal.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 19:09:27 +0200

> do you have an example for that? I would like to be able to do both,
> if possible.

Nope, no idea yet, it might need slight modification to make such 
example possible, because there are different places where to lookup 
packages and where to install packages, to figure this out the only 
documentation available is source code.

> I believe MicroCabal explicitly unsets the search path (via `-i`
> without any argument).

Looks like intention to rebuild MicroHs to be installed as package 
managed by MicroCabal, except it doesn't know how to do that, because 
base (and few more packages) are expected to be backed into Haskell 
implementation, but then in standalone package manager scenario you can 
use old compiler (unknown to MicroCabal) and old MicroCabal (also 
unknown to MicroCabal) to build and install new compiler, new base and 
new MicroCabal. I have no idea what to do about other packages expected 
to be baked into implementation, maybe same workflow - clone git repo 
manually.