Subject: 30.0.92; which-key-setup-side-window-right causes which-key to fail

From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2025 14:23:31 +0000

Run the following:
(which-key-mode 1)
(which-key-setup-side-window-right)

Then press a key that would show a which-key overview (like M-s or
M-g). This causes the error:

Error running timer ‘which-key--update’: (wrong-type-argument wholenump
-15)

This error sometimes seems to go away, so on later key presses which-key
may or may not work.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.92 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin24.0.0, NS
 appkit-2566.00 Version 15.0 (Build 24A8332)) of 2024-11-23 built on
 ReindertJansMBP
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2566
System Description:  macOS 15.0

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.92/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.92 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
 --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-webp --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-O2 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000
 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include'
 LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree time-date subr-x cl-seq cl-extra help-mode which-key
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 47333 19399) (symbols 48 5866 0) (strings 32 14816 1831)
 (string-bytes 1 374576) (vectors 16 10793)
 (vector-slots 8 126166 7296) (floats 8 38 11) (intervals 56 459 0)
 (buffers 992 12))