Subject: Re: bug#75755: feature/igc: Missing IGC_CHECK_RES?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 21:58:40 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 13:28:18 -0600
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
> 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I'm proposing to define, in igc.c, a set of strings, one each for
> > every value of the enumeration.  And then to use that in
> > mps_res_to_string to produce a human-readable error message describing
> > each mps_res_t value.
> 
> Please let me know what you think of my most recent patch.  If you want
> something different, may I ask that you send a patch?  I don't think
> I understand if your idea is different from what I posted.  Thanks.

Your patch still uses _mps_RES_ENUM, which is a macro that's not
supposed to be used outside of MPS.  Isn't that so?  I thought all
this discussion was how to avoid using that macro, wasn't it?