Subject: bug#75755: feature/igc: Missing IGC_CHECK_RES?

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 17:17:54 +0000

"Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2025 14:34:56 +0000
>> From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
>>
>> "Eli Zaretskii" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > IMO, the single use of this macro is not worth of the complications
>> > due to relying on an internal enumeration macro.  The single function
>> > which uses this is a testing tool, which on top of that warns in its
>> > doc string not to use it.  Introducing significant complexity and
>> > breakage potential into Emacs due to this is IMO a tail wagging the
>> > dog.
>>
>> I agree with this paragraph; it's not worth it, let's drop the code.
>>
>> > So I suggest that we define our own enumeration.  We could copy some
>>
>> Why?
>
> Because it's easy, and will still give us human-readable error
> messages.

How does defining an enum give us that?  Did you mean "our own switch
statement"?  If so, what's wrong with the one on the current branch?

Pip