Subject: [bug#75751] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2025 20:05:31 +0200

Hello Oleg,

Am Thu, Apr 03, 2025 at 06:37:14PM +0100 schrieb Sharlatan Hellseher:
> Will continue to check build chain for python-numpy while core-team is
> ahead now.

we have paused the core-packages-team since we are waiting for an
external patch, so python-team is first in line now. Concerning
rebasing, I see that the "merge base has not been processed by the
data service yet". Instead of rebasing on master, I prefer to rebase on
a slightly older commit that already is available to the data service:
   https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master
I think we "git push" faster than the data service can follow, so some
commits are never processed.

We can wait for this branch building out; but if then you see that it is
not ready, you could leave your place in the queue while working on
getting it in shape. This can be done simply by closing the bug, which
does not prevent continueing the discussion. And once the bug is
reopened, you will take your previous slot in the queue.

Andreas