Subject: [bug#75751] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 23:48:34 +0100

On 2025-03-12 22:07, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:

> Hi team!
>
> @Nicoals thank you for your effortds in #76835, #70858.
>
> I've skimmed #76835 and it looks like quite raw for me some: commit
> messages not fully complete, some update/move may squash e.g. snakemake
> package would be essentially updated in place and then move, instead of
> adding duplicate in python-science and delete in python-xyz.

Sorry, I was quick for this one, maybe I neglected messages a bit.  You
might want to select some commits (in the v1 in particular) in this case
: python-h2, and maybe some of the ignoring of failing tests.

tensorflow@1 might be an issue too, I haven't delved into why it fails.

> #70858 sorry to say the full series is failed to apply.
>
> From my side I'd like to merge whatever we have right now as the main
> target in this iteration was to refresh Python 3.10->3.11, fixing build
> issues, refresh NumPy and related packages.
>
> Let's check what can be fixed on larger scale, enable few more
> architectures and prepare for the merge.
>
> How about to queue #76835 and #70858 in the next iteration which we may
> open after merge? Otherwise we would block other branches for a longer
> time.

Both are fine for me, I use a local repo in the meantime.  Let's merge,
I'll rebase later, but let's start a new iteration quite quickly to
handle 70858 (or create a GCD for development-inputs as an alternative).

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves